- 5-7lb Brisket - Trimmed of all fat
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 C Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 C Ketchup
- 1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Dry brisket with paper towels.
3. Mix cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, salt & ground pepper together in small bowl and rub into both sides of brisket.
4. Place Brisket in large baking dish.
5. Mix Heinz chili sauce, ketchup, dry onion soup mix, brown sugar and water together and pour sauce and over brisket.
6. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 6-8 hours until the brisket is fork tender.
7. Remove brisket to cutting board and chop up or “shred” with forks.
8. Place sauce in large Dutch oven on stove and add beef. Simmer for 30 minutes. If you want a bit of tanginess, add 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar to the sauce right after you add the beef.
9. Serve over mashed potatoes, wide egg noodles, or creamy polenta. Add frozen peas for a little freshness over the top.
10. It is best to make and refrigerate overnight to let flavors meld together then gently reheat.