- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2.5 lbs Lostine Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large onion, diced
- 1 Large red bell pepper, diced
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 C Ketchup
- 1 C Water
- 2 Tbs Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbs Tomato paste (optional)
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional; or more to taste)
- Kaiser rolls, Whole wheat burger buns, or Polenta Bread
Recipe Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman
1. Add butter to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Add Lostine ground beef and cook until brown. Drain most of the fat and discard.
3. Add onions, green pepper, and garlic.
4. Cook for a few minutes, or until vegetables begin to get soft.
5. Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili pepper, dry mustard, and water.
6. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
7. Also add tomato paste, Worcestershire, and Tabasco if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
8. Spread rolls with butter and brown on a griddle or skillet.
9. Spoon meat mixture over the rolls, topping with cheese if you wish.