- 16 Whole taco shells
- 2 lbs Lostine Ground Beef
- 3 Tbs Taco seasoning
- 1 4oz can tomato paste
- 1 14.5oz can beans, undrained
- 1/2 C Hot water
- 1 Head green leaf lettuce, sliced very thin
- 1 C Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 C Cheese, grated
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise
- 1/4 C Sour cream
- 1 Tbs Ranch dressing mix
- Hot sauce
Recipe & Photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman
1. Heat taco shells according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
3. Drain excess fat, then add taco seasoning, tomato paste, beans, and hot water.
4. Stir to combine, then add salt as needed. Keep warm.
5. To make the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, ranch mix, and hot sauce.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper if it needs it.
7. To build the tacos, first fill the shell with plenty of lettuce.
8. Spoon on the meat mixture, then add tomatoes and cheese.
9. Top with a light drizzle of dressing and serve immediately!
10. Optional: Add a little dressing on top of the lettuce before adding the meat.