Mexican Style Lostine Shredded Beef
- 1 Lostine Chuck Roast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs Mexican chili powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 C Hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs Garlic powder
- 4 C Beef Stock
1. Trim the roast of any excess fat, season with salt and pepper on all sides.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, place roast in the skillet and brown lightly on all sides (about 30 seconds per side).
3. Transfer the roast to a slow cooker and season with chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, and garlic powder.
4. Cover with chopped onion and add enough beef stock to cover 1/3 of the roast.
5. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
6. Remove the roast and shred with forks. The beef should just fall apart.
7. Return to the slow cooker and all juices and let cook on low for another 30 minutes – 1 hour.
8. Serve over Mexican rice or in tortillas with salsa and guacamole.