Baja Skirt Steak Tacos
- 1/4 C Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- 1 C White onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground red pepper
- 2 lbs Lostine Skirt Steak
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1/2 Avocado, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/4 Head of cabbage, chopped
- 4 Lime wedges
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light
This is a modified version of the Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos from Cooking Light.
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients and ¼ teaspoon of paprika in a food processor; process until smooth.
2. Combine this jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix the remaining paprika and next 5 ingredients (through ground red pepper) and rub evenly over skirt steak.
4. Cook on the grill 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
5. Note: For medium-rare, remove from grill at about 128 - 130°F and let rest for 5 min to reach 135°F.
6. Warm the tortillas on the grill while steaks are resting.
7. Slice the steaks and divide steak, onion mixture, avocado, and cabbage evenly among tortillas.
8. Sprinkle with left over cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.